This module encapsulates the access for the serial port. It provides backends for Python running on Windows, Linux, BSD (possibly any POSIX compliant system), Jython and IronPython (.NET and Mono). The module named “serial” automatically selects the appropriate backend.
* Same class based interface on all supported platforms.
* Access to the port settings through Python properties.
* Support for different byte sizes, stop bits, parity and flow control with RTS/CTS and/or Xon/Xoff.
* Working with or without receive timeout.
* File like API with “read” and “write” (“readline” etc. also supported).
* The files in this package are 100% Pure Python.
* The port is set up for binary Transmission. No NULL byte stripping, CR-LF translation etc. (which are many times enabled for POSIX.) This makes this module universally useful.
* Compatible with io library (Python 2.6+)
* RFC 2217 client (experimental), server provided in the examples.
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in pySerial
Release notes are not available currently.
No additional system requirements.